09 January 2010

rolling sushi = super happy fun time!

Our one night in Kyoto held lots of fun and surprises, including Taiko Drum Master and the sundae joint mentioned in my last post, but my favorite part was dinner at a rolling sushi restaurant. I don't know the name, but it was cheap (about $1 per plate), delicious and way fun.


You never interact with an employee until you're ready to pay - everything you need is along the bar in front of you: green tea, hot water spigot, chopsticks, wasabi, etc. Mounted on the conveyor display between every two seats is a touch-screen ordering system in case you don't see your favorite rolling your way (or you would prefer not to eat the seafood that may or may not have made numerous rounds without being chosen).

We couldn't quite figure it out, but the adorable old man to our left ate almost nothing but special orders of shrimp nigiri. See that level above the conveyor and below the monitors? That's the special delivery track... . arriving via miniature Shinkansen (the bullet train) right to your seat!! Undoubtedly awesome.

Some interesting surprises made the rounds on the conveyor: juice boxes, desserts, and this.. ....

Hamburger sushi. Cold hamburger sushi with a dollop of mayonnaise on top, to be precise. Mmmmmmm. Not.
Still, if I could eat there every day I probably would.

1 comment:

Supercharger5150 said...

We went to one of these too, not this fancy though. But I do think it was the best meal of my life. I'm really jealous about the ice cream place. We couldn't find dessert besides Pocky to save our lives :(
Guess I'll just have to go back :P

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails