19 December 2009

taking in the views, part one

This first installment is my collection of the gorgeous/overwhelming/awesome scenery I managed to capture while in Japan. I quite regret that I didn't snap more images on the streets of Kyoto and Tokyo, but at least I got a few good ones.

the view from our hotel room at the Shinjuku Prince Hotel in Tokyo on our first night


One afternoon we took the ferry from Hiroshima to the island of Itsukushima, commonly known as Miyajima, or 'shrine island.' Miyajima is famous for the enormous torii, native Sika deer, the Itsukushima Shinto shrine, and maple trees.

Oyster beds seen from the ferry


torii view from the ferry




at low tide


Goju-no-to Pagoda



the deer roam freely and actually can be quite annoying if you have food



like they were with this guy



the tide was so low that visitors walked out to get a different perspective and play with the seaweed sludge



ooooohh, torii


Since there were so many images from Miyajima, I think I'll continue with the views tomorrow. Kyoto, Harajuku, Shibuya.... . ..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails